Here’s the Quickest Way to Disable Carrier Bloat ware on Your Samsung Galaxy Note 7
The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is without question a great phone. The hardware, camera, processor, build, and just about everything else make the Note 7 one of the best phones of the year.
Carrier Bloat Ware
There is a major downside to the Galaxy Note 7 and that is carrier bloat. In the US, Samsung has decided to give wireless carriers the ability to add just about as much bloat ware as they want. My AT&T Note 7 is ridiculously loaded up with AT&T bloat ware, so much so that I am considering leaving AT&T for Verizon. At least with Verizon I will get the best cell service in the country to go along with the bloat ware. And quite frankly, no carrier does bloat ware worse than AT&T. It is unofficially the king of bloat.
When we spend an arm and a leg on a smartphone, we should hope to freely delete apps that serve no purpose. Unfortunately we cannot do that with Samsung flagship devices.
However, we can disable the apps which will remove them from cluttering up our app drawers. Disabling the apps will prevent them from updating on their own, and will prevent them from running in the background while leaving your app drawer free of clutter.
Here’s the quickest way to do it:
- Go to the app drawer on your smartphone so you can pull up your entire library of apps.
- At the top right, click on the three dots to bring up the menu.
- With the menu open, select Edit.
- All of the apps will show red minus symbols at the top right corner. Of the apps you want to delete or disable, simply click the red minus symbol.
- Select Disable.
- Continue this process for all of the apps you want to turn off or disable.
While you cannot delete these apps without rooting your phone, you will still maintain your full factory warranty.
Image source: http://www.androidguys.com/2016/08/22/heres-the-quickest-way-to-disable-carrier-bloatware-on-your-samsung-galaxy-note-7/